Austin Convocational Steering Committee
Attendees: Nancy Wren; Christ Church; Dyke Miller, St. Matthew's; Joe Nanus,
St. Georges; Jerry Lyle, St. Richard's.
Oct 6, 2002
Jerry Lyle opened with prayer.
Nancy Wren moved acceptance of June minutes, Jerry Lyle 2nd, minutes
1) Treasurers Report (provided by Collett Foyt) was distributed.
As of Sep 30
Category Description Actual Budget Difference
Ultreya 284 800 -516
TOTAL INCOME 284 800 -516
Childcare 25 50 25
Diocese of Tex 225 300 75
Kairos 250 375 125
Postage 0 75 75
TOTAL EXPENSES 500 800 300
TOTAL INC - EXP -216 0 -216
We have $632 cash on hand (+ the $30 June collection).
2) Steve Ryder, although not present, provided copy of schedule that he had
been given via e-mail from Sally Hibbler;
that there will be four (4) Cursillo Weekends in 2003: Feb 27-Mar 2, June
19-22, August 7-10, and November 6-9 (campsite).
The attendees suggest that Steve go directly to Father Seth for the information
he is re-committing to.
Steve (by message) re-committed committed to:
Contact Fr. Seth to obtain Austin Convocation Priest e-mail addresses
Send priests Cursillo Announcements (as well as contacts). The hope is that
some of the priests will make announcements and this will encourage more
folks to participate in Cursillo.
Ask all the contacts to look at the proposed 2003 Ultreya schedule, and
commit to at least one Ultreya.
3) Joe Nanus commemted that Camp Allen has eliminated the requirement for
Cursillo pre-payments. Bishop Payne brought this change about.
1) Joe Nanus was instructed to ask the Secretatiate to hold 2 camp-ground weekends,
start them in 2004 if we are to stay on the 4 Cursillo per yr schedule.
2) We agreed to try and hold 10 Ultreya's in the Convocation for '03.
Each of the following churches committed to host an Ultreya IN ADDITION to
what they had already committed.
Here is the
comjmitment as of Oct. 6th: Jan - St. George's; Feb - St. Richard's; Apr - St.
July - still open; Sept. - St. Matthew's; Oct - Christ Church; No Ultreya to be
held in Dec.
3) Joe announced need for $$ support to the Austin Team for Cursillo #200 - push
collections at Ultreyas.
4) Joe passed out applications for Team Staff for Cursillo #200. He stated that
the Rector desires not to have his /her (/) name announced at this time. These
applications will go to Joe Nanus who in turn will pass them on. Copies were
given to those attending the Ultreya at Christ Church, Oct. 6th.
Meeting closed with silent prayer by attendees.
Submitted by Dyke Miller
Steering Committee Minutes are indexed under the "History, Admin..." page.